Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When dad plays mom!!


Okay so everyone knows that Brady has been gone for the last year. He hasn't been able to go back to work until last night. Anyway..., so we thought it was going to be SO nice for him to stay home and take care of the kids, and be able to spend time with them! I think he might have thought I was being dramatic when i would tell him the kids were driving me nuts! But he soon found out just how easy they are and how sweet they REALLY are! Brady had just gone through the kids bedroom, and was cleaning out the old toys and clothes and everything. He had it all nice and clean and organized! BUT..., much to his surprise, Hadlee kicked in to true Hadlee mode. She destroyed the place! She tore into all the bags and boxes of toys and clothes that Brady was going to get rid of, tore everything out of drawers, and well..., really made a mess! You should have heard him when he called me and told me about it! The only thing I could do was laugh, because I've had my own experiences with the little angels and it was time he had his!! Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny, and even better that he got a picture of it! I just wanted to share it with you all! Needless to say, he was totally excited to back to work last night and I think the rest of us were as well!!!

11 comments:

Camille Heidbrink said...

The Cheer uniforms are so Cute! I'm so glad that they are doing so well. I love to here that...when i was looking at the pictures i was thinking they all look so young. But then I read your little message.... a ya so they are so young. I'm so excited they did so good. Anywho.. what a mess! LOL! I love the mess in t he room. Well your family is so cute.

Camille :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This made me laugh so hard! That is so Hadlee... she is a time bomb waiting to happen, but you cannot help but love her! I love you guys. Talk to you soon Herbie and ???"Hub"??? or aka Hewie hi!

Bree Bastian said...

That is SO FUNNY....Just because it's your kid and not mine! --Bree

MEREDITH said...

Hey Kayla, we are doing really well, we are in Boise, ID. We moved up here the 1st part of January right after the holidays... So far it has been good. We seen and talked with Brady on the 4th but we never seen you and your kids... Your kids are so cute, and I love the name Houston so cute!!! We are expecting our 1st boy in November we are so excited, yeah we are insane we will have two little ones 18 months apart... Well it was good hearing from you keep in touch...

Camille said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of Herb!!!! What a kid!!! Kinda reminds me of her Uncle Jace! Brady's a good Dad! He at least tried right! Love ya "K", MOM

Marci said...

Kayla--You are so cute and I miss you!! I saw Brady and cute Houston on the fourth but I did not see you! Your kids are soooo cute!!! That is good you are helping with the cheerleaders and the uniforms are way cute! The next time I am down we need to get together!! Love Ya Marci

Margie said...

Brady, did you do that on purpose so you could get fired from your babysitting job?

Shanelle said...

Hey Kayla!

I found your blog by accident - how the heck are ya? Your kids are adorable! My blog is set to private, but if you want to see it, email me with your email and I'll send you an invite! swinn1@farmersagent.com. Talk to you later!

The Jensen's said...

Hey Kayla, Hope things are going well, I haven't talked to you for a few months... Thats funny I bet that happens every time a dad is home alone with the kids(not so funny if you had to clean it up though). Looks like you have been having lots of fun. I'm so glad. karalee

Brittany said...

Kayla! OF course I remember ya...I can't believe you would even think that I wouldn't!!! You don't know how happy it makes me that you said hi. Your family is so stinkin' cute, I can't believe how big Hadley and Houston are. Every time I pass through that area I think of you guys! How's life going? Things are good with me, same old, same old. I am just living in Cedar working and going to school, but I love it. Well thanks again for sayin' hi, have a great day!...Britt

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

Oh I am so glad that it isn't just my kids that do stuff like that, and they are so fast. In the time I run upstairs to fold one tiny load of laundry, my kids can destroy the kitchen. It is almost...funny...I said ALMOST!!! :) girl I hear ya on giving Brady his turn. Pres still hasn't had his "turn". I really want a break, but I almost have to be forced to take a break. It has just become such a habit, the kids are kind of like my security blanket. As crazy as they make me, I get nervous when I don't have them with me. They all started school yesterday except Travis. Travis starts kinder next week. Then I will be totally alone. I have looked forward to this day forever, and now that it is here...I have to admit...I am not sure I want it. I am VERY baby hungry. I miss the little girl I used to watch in Kansas. I wish she was mine. Okay so I totally just wrote a book and didn't mean too. Have a great day! I am totally looking forward to keeping up with yall. Love ya Betsy (aka....Katy)