Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cheer Camp '08



For those of you who don't know...., I help coach Gunnison's cheerleaders and LOVE every second! I guess that saying, "Once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader!" is very true! I absolutley love helping the girls and going to camp! We actually just got home from camp last Friday and I just have to take this opportunity to brag! My girls did SO awesome! This year we have 16 cheerleaders, 10 of them are new, and 11 of them are freshmen and sophomores. Sounds a little scary huh. Yes that's what I thought until we got to camp. These girls did absolutely wonderful! They got top team in the performance category, one of our captains recieved the individual leadership award, we had 11 girls nominated for All-American, and 3 of them made the All-American team. We also had one of our girls be asked to be on the NCA staff! Can you believe it! I was actually amazed, and SO extremely proud of every single one of them! We have a cute bunch of girls and you better keep your eye out for them this year! They are awesome!!! GO BULLDOGS!!! Here are a couple pictures of them!

2 comments:

Marci said...

I snuck a peek at Tasha's blog and she is beautiful! I'm glad she is doing good!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

Wow I miss cheerleading! That looks like so much fun! I always wanted to do cheerleading in college too, but kind of hard with kids :) I would love to coach though. How fun! As old as I am, I still want to brush up on my gymnastics. That has been a standing goal since my last child. I want to be able to do my backhand spring again. :) hmmmm....I should know better, right?!